New to showing or diving back into competing? Subscribe to Practical Horseman OnDemand and check out the 5 Videos to Watch Before Your First Show or Event playlist to help prepare for the show season!
- Dealing with Show Nerves—Top trainer Holly Hugo-Vidal shares how she had to fight nerves as a competitor and how she handled them.
- Grooming the Horse: Getting Shine—Pro groom Laurie Pitts talks about how to use the soft, or finishing, brush to remove fine dust and a rub rag to smooth and polish the coat.
- First Spring Cross-Country School—Olympian Phillip Dutton guides a group of upper level event riders and horses through this first cross country school of the season.
- Final Show Prep—International eventer Buck Davidson shares his competition prep method for stadium jumping with a group of riders on young horses with an upcoming show.
- Qualities of a Good Equitation Round—Holly shares how, as a judge, she likes equitation riders and their horses to be well tuned out, what that consists of and why.
Practical Horseman OnDemand members can watch the full playlist here.
Not a member? Watch free videos here.
To sign up for Practical Horseman OnDemand, click here.